This best practice policy on antibiotics stewardship has been developed by the FAIRR Initiative in consultation with leading industry and issue experts. We encourage food companies, including both meat producers and purchasers (such as retailers and restaurants), to refer to this as guidance in the development of their individual policies.
This policy is endorsed by:
- Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
- Alliance to Save our Antibiotics
- Center for a Livable Future at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Antibiotic Resistance Action Center at the George Washington University
- Natural Resources Defense Council
- Compassion in World Farming